Monday, October 27, 2008

It's 7am, do you know where your cotton candy is?

Last night I watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium for the hundred and seventieth time.  It's hokey, and goofy and dopey and magical.  There is a beautiful scene dealing with death, and I think it's such a gentle way to introduce death to children.  Mr. Magorium has a great monologue which I will share.

When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written?  He's written, "He dies." That's all.  Nothing more.  No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words.  The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies."  It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to up come with "He dies." and yet every time I read those two words I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria.  And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies" but because of the life we saw prior to the words.  

In my own life, I am doing fine.  I feel as if today might be a turn around day for me.  Thinking of ya'll.  Thanks for reading.  

1 comment:

whatsherface said...

For everything...turn, turn, turn

Hoping this season turns for you, the way it should.

xoxo